Saenger Theater

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On Saturday, February 7, the Pensacola News Journal ran an article covering the delays in the Saenger Theater renovation. Because of the delays, the scheduled Bonnie Raitt concert will have to be moved to the Pensacola Civic Center. Soon after the article ran, I started receiving complaints and questions from my constituents about the delays. That afternoon I visited the Saenger work site and noticed only four of five workers working outside. I was, of course, unable to go inside, where most of the work was being done.

On Friday the 13th I met with Rusty Wells, the City Attorney and City Engineer Derrick Owens and was updated on the situation with the Saenger; I requested a site inspection of the Saenger and was able to visit again this past Monday. Although there are delays I have been assured that the contractor is making every effort to have Phase I done by the end of March, and Phase II done by the end of May. I will say that when the Saenger is completed, it will be a showpiece for the City of Pensacola.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP