Bayou Boulevard resurfacing

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today I participated in an orientation for the Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). It was well-attended; five City Council members including myself were present, along with TPO staff and Mr. Jim DeVries, the Urban Planning Manager for the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). It was a very infomative session, discussing the mission of the TPO.

I had the opportunity at the meeting to reiterate my desire that the FDOT move up the resurfacing of Bayou Boulevard on their list of priorities. Currently, the resurfacing is scheduled to happen in the summer of 2010. As many of you know, Bayou Boulevard from 12th Avenue to Firestone Boulevard is in bad shape, with potholes and patch-job repairs. Bayou Boulevard is a much-traveled road in East Pensacola and it is used by many who arrive at our airport and therefore is for some a first impression of our City. I've also voiced my desire to move up the project to the City Manager, Al Coby, and his staff, and at my first official Council meeting. Mr. Coby emailed me today to inform me that he will be sending a formal request to the FDO District Secretary, Larry Kelley. Mr. DeVries has also agreed to mention my request to Mr. Kelley.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP