Pace Boulevard school site

Thursday, April 30, 2009

As many of you know, I am deeply concerned about the environmental conditions of our community. Several weeks ago I began to hear concerns and receive phone calls about possible soil contamination at the planned site for a new school in the City limits (Pace Boulevard and Garden Street where the old Gulf Power Building sits).

Below, please see a letter sent by Mr. Dennis at the School District in response to my raising the issue at a recent City Council meeting, as well as my subsequent response.

As you can see from Mr. Dennis' letter, the School District will be doing additional testing at the site to ensure this site is safe. I look forward to working with the School District to ensure the safety of our schoolchildren.
School District Letter


Councilman Johnson response to ECSD

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP