Sidewalks in Cordova Park

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friday I received a call from Helen Gibson from the City's Neighborhood Services department informing me that the placement of sidewalks on Tronjo Road will be flipped from one side of the road to the other.

I picked up the phone and starting informing some of my constituents of the change, and asking them to spread the word around the neighborhood. On Saturday morning, I received phone calls from two very upset families on Tronjo Road, opposing the switch. I informed both families that I would look into the situation first thing Monday morning. I contacted Ms. Gibson Monday morning. Mr. Ed Spears of Neighborhood Services contacted the two families and met with them. They are okay with the project going forward, although they still have concerns, one of which was the lack of notification about the switch.

I have sent an email to the City Manager, Mr. Coby, requesting that all future sidewalk projects notify impacted neighborhood associations to allow them time to give any input and concerns. It would also be a good idea to have neighborhood meetings to discuss these projects before they get underway.

Many in Cordova Park feel that the sidewalks will help ensure the safety of the children who walk up and down Tronjo.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP